Applications are invited for admission to the B.Ed. course in the following 12 University Colleges of Teacher Education (UCTE) in the prescribed form for the year 2011-2012 under the School of Pedagogical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
1. MG University College of Teacher Education,Govt.High SchoolCampus, Petta, Kanjirappally, Kottayam Dist., Tel.No.0482-8202952
2. MG University College of Teacher Education, Govt.High School Campus, Kudamaloor, Kottayam Dist., Tel.No.0481-2391264
3. MG University College of Teacher Education, Amaravathy.P.O, Kumily – 685 509 Tel.No.04869-222839
4. MG University College of Teacher Education, Govt.Model High School Campus, Muvattupuzha, Ernakulam Dist., Tel.No.0485-2833850
5. MG University College of Teacher Education, Panchayat U P School Campus, Nedumkandam, Idukki Dist., Tel.No.04868-232616
6. MG University College of Teacher Education, Vocational Higher Secondary School Campus, Elanthoor,Pathanamthitta., Tel.No.0468-2362392
7. MG University College of Teacher Education, Govt. Girls High School Campus, Vaikom, Kottayam Dist., Tel.No.04829-231917
8. MG University College of Teacher Education, Govt.High School Campus, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Tel.No.0486-2227204
9. MG University College of Teacher Education, Govt.Higher Secondary School, Thekkekkara, Erattupetta,KottayamDist., Tel.No.0482-2275781
10. MG University College of Teacher Education, Govt.High School Campus, Paippad, Changanassery, Kottayam Dist-686 537, Tel.No.0481-2441217
11. MG University College of Teacher Education, Thottakkad P O, Kottayam Dist-689 539., Tel.No.0481-2460395
12. MG University College of Teacher Education, Near Govt.Boys High School Campus, Trippunithura, Ernakulam Dist-682 301, Tel.No.0484 – 2784656
Subjects and Colleges (College numbers are given in bracket)
1) Malayalam (2,3,4,5,7,8,9,11,12)
2) English (1,4,5,6,10,11)
3) Hindi (2,4,5,6,10)
4) Physical Science (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12)
5) Mathematics (1,2,3,5,6,8,10,12)
6) Natural Science (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11)
7) Social Science (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12)
8) Sanskrit (4,12)
9) Commerce (3,4,6,7,9)
10) Arabic (1,6,9)
11) Information Technology (4)
Candidates should have passed BA / B.Sc degree exams under the 10+2+3 pattern with one main subject and two subsidiary subjects from M G University or any other university recognized by M G University as equivalent thereto for admission, subject to the stipulation regarding marks.
The minimum requirement for admission to B.Ed course is 50% marks in Bachelor’s degree (Science/Arts subjects) in Part III.
However the eligibility of candidates who have passed degree examination in double/triple main, Model II vocational and other specialized subjects/streams will be governed by rules and regulations of MG university.
In the case of candidates who have passed examinations of other Universities, they will be admitted only if these examinations have been declared equivalent to the qualifying examinations of MG University.
Candidates seeking admission on the basis of the language under Part I & II need 50% marks for the part concerned and 50% for Post Graduate course in the same language. Candidates applying for the course under the language stream with a bachelor’s degree in the subject concerned will be ranked first in that particular stream. Candidates applying for the course under any language stream based on Part I / Part II at under graduate level and having PG Degree in the same subject as in Part I / Part II will be ranked only after that.
Application forms :
The application forms and prospectus can be downloaded from the website www.mgu.ac.in (link: http://www.mgu.ac.in/files/B_Ed_Application_2011-12.pdf )
Candidates can apply for more than one optional in a college. Candidates can apply to more than one college. Separate applications addressed to the Principals shall be submitted.
Remittance of Fee
i. A sum of Rs. 300/- has to be paid as Registration Fee by all candidates (for SC/ST candidates – Rs.150/-) along with the filled in application form by way of an account payee Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, Mahatma Gandhi University, payable at SBT, Mahatma Gandhi University Campus Branch.
ii. Other fee as shown in the Fees structure has to be paid at the time of admission.
iii. All fee mentioned in the Fees structure except Caution Deposit has to be paid to the Account No.67005165619 maintained in the SBT campus branch by way of SBT direct remittance pay in slip for this purpose. Remittance can be made in all branches of SBT. Caution deposit may be remitted to Account No.67005165620.
Last date to submit the filled in application forms in the University College of Teacher Education concerned is 20.07.2011.
For details, www.mgu.ac.in/files/B_Ed_Prospectus_2011-12.pdf